My grandmother used to make Goulash and it was my favorite dish. I can still smell the aromas of it cooking in her kitchen. Food memories are real! When I was craving it the other day, my mother-in-law’s Zoodle version came pretty close. I hope you enjoy this quick and easy version as much as my family does. Xx
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground ‘meat’ of choice: beef, turkey, bison, or Beyond Meat
- 1 large can plum tomatoes, puréed or chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or fresh chopped basil, oregano and parsley
- Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Step 1 In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over low heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Step 2 Add ground meat and sauté over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Add the puréed tomatoes and Italian seasoning, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Once you begin to see the sauce simmer, turn down the heat to low and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Just before serving, add the zoodles to the sauce and gently combine with the sauce until al dente, about 2 minutes.
- Step 5 Divide between bowls and serve with fresh basil.