A dreamy winter salad filled with gorgeous colors from the antioxidant-rich radicchio, pomegranates and pistachios. Make it plant based with almond milk ricotta, or full-dairy with goat cheese.
WINTER SALAD OF RADICCHIO WITH HONEY WHIPPED ALMOND RICOTTA & POMEGRANATE VINAIGRETTE
Serves 2 to 3
1 head radicchio
A handful of pistachios, shell removed (chop or leave whole)
Honey Whipped Almond Ricotta
1/2 cup Kite Hill almond milk ricotta or full-dairy goat cheese
½ tablespoon raw honey
Juice and seeds of half a fresh pomegranate (about ⅛ cup)
Juice of half a blood orange (or navel orange)
½ teaspoon raw honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or any vinegar)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Himalayan salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Halve the radicchio from top to bottom, and slice each half into thin “steaks.” Set aside.
- Chop the pistachios, or leave whole. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix together the ricotta or goat cheese with the honey. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients.
- To serve: Place a heaping dollop of whipped ricotta on each plate and “paint” a half circle with the back of a spoon. Place three slices of radicchio on each plate. Spoon the vinaigrette over the leaves and garnish with the pistachios.