Taco night is a favorite in our house and this spread all plant-based and all flavorful.
Romaine lettuce hearts or butter lettuce cups (no heating required)
Siete Almond, Cashew or Cassava wraps (best warmed)
Sautéed, grilled or roasted: mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, purple cabbage, delicata squash
Raw: sliced watermelon radish, purple daikon, jicama, black radish, snap peas, tomatoes
Tofu or tempeh
Pico de gallo
Fresh cilantro, basil or micro-greens
Your favorite non-dairy cheese
Makes 2 to 4 servings
1 pint heirloom baby tomatoes, sliced in half
Juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt
¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro. Mix to combine and set aside while you prepare the rest of the dish.
ROASTED DELICATA SQUASH
One medium delicata squash with orange stripes (the green aren’t as sweet)
Coconut oil or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Use a large, sharp knife to slice off the stems of the squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and string. Save the seeds, if roasting, and set aside. Slice the squash into 1/4 to ½ inch thick half moons. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of oil. Arrange in a single layer and roast until tender and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
4 ripe avocados
¼ to 1/2 cup of salsa verde
Squeeze of one lemon
Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
Salt to taste
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, leaving some chunks
Add the remaining ingredients, starting with just a ¼ cup of salsa verde. Add more depending on your taste preference.
2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, sliced
2 packages of mushrooms (maitake, button, baby bella), sliced
2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off the ear
Avocado oil, olive oil, or ghee
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: smoked paprika on the zucchini and corn
- Slice each vegetable and place in separate bowls. Heat a small drizzle of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and sauté until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Once browned, remove from heat and place in a separate bowl.
- Do the same with all the remaining vegetables. You might like a sprinkle of paprika on the zucchini and corn. Place on a platter and serve immediately. Place the corn in separate bowl.
2 cans Eden black beans, strained
1/2 cup of salsa verde or more to taste
Salt to taste
- Add the beans to a sauce pan and heat over medium-high heat. Once they reach a near boiling point, lower to simmer.
- Add the salsa verde and season with salt to taste.
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup mushrooms
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1⁄2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coconut aminos
2 tsp fresh lime
1 tsp raw honey Himalayan salt
- In a food processor, combine all the “chorizo” ingredients and pulse until crumbly, stopping to scrape down the sides several times. (You can also hand chop). Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the “chorizo” and cook, stirring frequently to prevent burning, for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat.