UPSTATE LENTIL CHILI
- 2 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk (though I’ve also successfully used unsweetened almond milk creamer)
- 1 (15 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- STIR-INS + TOPPINGS
- ½ head fresh or 1 bag of chopped frozen kale or spinach
- Serve over cooked rice or riced cauliflower
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Step 1 In your Instant Pot, add all of the “Instant Pot” ingredients.
- Step 2 Close and seal the pot, and cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- Step 3 When the lentils are finished cooking, carefully release the steam valve. Remove the the lid and give the lentils a good stir. Add in the spinach or kale, and give it a good stir.
- Step 4 Serve over rice or riced cauliflower with lime, hot sauce and cilantro.