This recipe is delicious no matter your pleasure. It’s ah-maze with shrimp, chicken or tofu! Instructions for all three are included below.
STICKY HONEY GLAZED SHRIMP
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Step 1 Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, honey and coconut aminos
- Step 2 Add the shrimp and marinate in the fridge, covered, for 5 to 60 minutes
- Step 3 Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet or grill pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear the shrimp for 1 minute on both sides.
- Step 4 Serve with an Asian slaw, Rice + Plantains, and a side of sautéed broccolini.
CHICKEN: For the chicken you’ll need 1 lb chicken thighs plus all the sauce ingredients above. 1. Make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, honey and coconut aminos. 2. Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. 3. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, sear the chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Lower heat to medium for the second side. You may need to cook in batches. 4. Pour in sauce and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat until reduced. Flip the chicken to coat in the sauce, it may take several minutes to achieve the sticky coating. 5. Serve!
TOFU: Using firm tofu, slice a 1 lb block into large cubes, follow the instructions for the chicken. I would suggest using a non-stick pan.