SMOKEY WHITE BEAN SOUP (INSTANT POT)
July 3, 2020
- 2 (15 oz) cans white beans such as cannellini
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 parmesan rind (2 x 3 inches) or 3 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 6 cups bone broth, vegetable broth, or water
- ¼ tsp Real Salt or Himalayan rock salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1to 3 links spicy Beyond sausage or organic spicy chicken sausage (optional), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 3-4 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 or 4 handfuls of fresh or frozen chopped kale or spinach, or 1/2 bunch coarsely chopped fresh lacinato kale with stems and center ribs discarded
- Zero Waste Veggie Crisps
- Step 1 Add all the ingredients except for the spinach or kale to the Instant Pot.
- Step 2 Put the top on and set to manual pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. When it’s done, release the steam valve carefully so you don’t get a steam burn.
- Step 3 Allow all the steam to release then uncover and stir in spinach or kale. Serve immediately and top each bowl with veggie crisps.