Half Moon Bowl makes for an indulgent, good-for-you, mid-morning snack that will keep your brain, mood, and energy levels working for you (no crashes on my watch!).
We’ve got: Unsweetened Coconut yogurt (you can swap for almond) Sautéed fresh or frozen berries Shredded unsweetened coconut Cinnamon
The WHY of COCONUT
Coconut is full of healthy fats, potassium, vitamins, and antioxidants. All its forms – oil, meat, water, milk – are healing for the body, protecting our brain, keeping our immune-system strong, reducing inflammation, and boosting liver detoxification.
The WHY of CINNAMON
Cinnamon is not only delicious, it’s also one of the oldest spices. It was used in ancient Egypt and China as a medicinal herb (food is medicine, right?!). It’s long been known to be antibiotic and good for digestion. Studies show that just 1/4 teaspoon per day improves blood sugar levels, and less than 1 teaspoon per day can reduce muscle soreness after a workout.
HALF MOON BOWL + SAUTÉED FRUIT
- MIXED BERRIES
- ½ cup each of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
- AUTUMN FRUIT
- 2 pears and 2 apples, sliced or diced
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- STIRS + TOPPINGS
- unsweetened coconut yogurt (or almond, cashew or dairy yogurt)
- a drizzle of honey
- hemp or chia seeds
- coconut flakes
- Step 1 Heat a skillet over medium heat with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Add the fruit and sauté until warm. I like to add a little cinnamon, and for fall fruits some nutmeg and ginger. Serve in bowls and garnish with yogurt and toppings of your choice.