My favorite nachos ever!
2 bags of tortilla chips
2 cans of black beans, drained
½ to ½ cup salsa verde
Guacamole (see recipe below)
Cashew Queso recipe from The Minimalist Baker, or a jar of Siete Foods’ cashew queso
Vegan Sour Cream
Onions, sliced (optional)
Edible flowers (if available)
- Make your batch of black beans: Heat up black beans in a sauce pan over medium heat and add ¼ to ½ a cup of salsa verde. Stir to combine. Check seasonings for salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Make your batch of Guacamole: In a bowl, mash up 4 ripe avocados, leaving some chunks and add 1⁄4 to 1/2 cup of salsa verde (start small, you can always add), a squeeze of one lemon, a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make your batch of walnut + mushroom chorizo.
- Make your batch of pico de gallo.
- Make your batch of cashew queso, or open a jar of Siete Foods’ cashew queso.
- On a large platter, place the tortilla chips in a pile.
- Top the tortilla chips with black beans, pico de gallo, ‘chorizo’, guacamole, cashew queso, sliced jalapeños, cilantro, and edible flowers (if available).