Sunday morning immune boost without the sugar crash! These are delicious Paleo Pancakes made with adaptogens like Reishi and Turkey Tail. I’ve upgraded Downshiftology’s basic recipe and I hope you enjoy it!
Makes 6 to 8 pancakes
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon reishi powder
1/2 teaspoon turkey tail powder
4 large eggs
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and whisk until well combined.
3. Heat coconut oil in a skillet, cast iron pan, or griddle over medium heat.
4. Spoon the batter onto the skillet. Let the pancakes cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side, and then flip and cook for additional 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
* KP Kitchen’s Pancake Dispenser helps make perfectly round pancakes.
* Vinegar makes for a fluffy pancake