I’ve adapted this recipe from Mama Knows Gluten-Free
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (almond, cashew or coconut milk)
- 1/2 water or more to thin the batter
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (leave out if your flour already has it)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or Smart Butter
- FILLINGS + TOPPINGS
- Sautéed berries (heat berries in a pan with 1 tsp coconut oil and sauté over medium heat until a pie-like consistency is achieved)
- Fried or scrambled eggs
- Cheese or Nut-Milk Cheese
- Step 1 In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, and then add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until the ingredients are fully combined and the batter is smooth.
- Step 2 Drizzle or spray a little coconut oil on a cast-iron pan. You can also use non-stick. Heat over low heat.
- Step 3 Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the center of the pan. Either pick up the pan from the stove and swirl it to spread the batter, or use the bottom of a metal measuring cup to create an even circle.
- Step 4 Cook over medium-low heat for 1 minute or until browned on the bottom. Flip the crepe over and cook for about 30 more seconds, until brown on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Step 5 Slide the crepe onto a plate, laying it flat. Serve the crepes rolled or folded into triangles with your favorite fillings or toppings.