This is a quick and healthy homemade recipe using fresh cod and gluten-free breadcrumbs. These nuggets of goodness made me an air fryer convert as my son rated these fish sticks better than his favorite boxed brand (sorry, Ian’s!).
As a newbie to the whole air fryer craze, I have to say that my new Ninja has made my life a whole lotta easy when it comes to making better-for-you kid-friendly favorites like chicken nuggets, fish sticks, fried zucchini, and sweet potato fries.
I hope your crew enjoys these yummies as much as we do. I love knowing that my son is enjoying his favorite comfort foods with ingredients that are good for him. Who needs canola, GMO corn, sugar, and tons of sodium when you can make something SO much more delicious and good-for-you, too?!
Makes 2 servings
Plain gluten-free bread crumbs (I used Gillian’s)
Optional seasonings: a sprinkle of Himalayan salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper
⅔ lb of cod, sliced into 1 to 2 inch portions
Olive oil or coconut oil spray, or a small drizzle of olive oil
Garnish: fresh chopped parsley and lemon wedges
Ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce for serving
1. Preheat 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
2. Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and add optional seasonings.
3. Toss the fish with olive or coconut oil/spray.
4. Coat the fish with bread crumbs.
5. Place in a single layer in the airfryer basket.
6. Cook at 400 degrees for 11 minutes. Serve immediately.