FLOURLESS ALMOND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter (freshly ground, natural almond butter works best)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- For Ice Cream Sandwiches: 1 to 2 pints of vegan ice cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add in the almond butter, baking soda, and sugar and mix thoroughly. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Step 3 Scoop about a tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet. Evenly space the cookies apart, and flatten them slightly.
- Step 4 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t over-bake! The cookies will look underdone, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Step 5 Let them cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer them carefully to a cooling rack.
- Step 6 If you’re in the mood for ice cream sandwiches, place the cookies in the freezer in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet for an hour (overnight works, too). Scoop your favorite vegan ice cream onto one cookie and – very carefully! – smoosh it down with the other cookie.