COOKHOUSE RECAP | WEEK OF FEBRUARY 1. 2021
Each week catch a recap here of Cookhouse’s weekly chat about food hacks on Clubhouse. The hacks shared below are brought to you by our moderators and guests.
Last week we heard from founders, directors, corporate executives, producers, and parents from coast-to-coast sharing their favorite #WFH meal hacks.
I hope these tips make your life a wee bit easier like they have mine!
– Baked Sweet Potato (try Japanese Sweet Potatoes for a change)
– Minimalist Baker’s Lentil Soup: make a big batch and individually portion (see soup storage hack below)
– Carb-Free Dessert: Grain-Free Cookie from Carb Manager
– Easy, impressive meals from Graze: Sautéed Shrimp with Garlic, and Coconut Curry Soup
– Smoothie: Green Vibrance green powder with a banana, tablespoon of nut butter, unsweetened almond milk or water.
– Eggs with anything!
– Broth (bone broth is super healing)
Tomato Paste 🍅
– Haitian cooks secret weapon to flavoring dishes for next-level flavor
– Soups & Stews: Portion into ziplock-style bags, flatten the contents, and pop in the freezer. Remove an individually portioned bag from the freezer at breakfast, defrost until lunch, heat up in a pan.
– Slice and Dice: Prep your veggies and store in Bell, Mason or Weck glass jars in fridge. So pretty.
– Fruit Bowl: Place on counter and for a mental cue to grab fruit over junk (good kitchen feng shui!)