It’s Valentine’s Day so let’s celebrate with Chocolate Covered Strawberries.
WHY do so many of us LOVE chocolate?! Cacao has a magical aura, high vibrational energy that can help open the heart chakra. It’s also astoundingly high in flavonoids (powerful antioxidants that can boost gut and brain health) and minerals. Compounds like tryptophan, serotonin and dopamine give that signature good feeling – both physically and psychologically. No wonder it was a sacred food of the Aztec, Inca and Mayan civilizations, and has been considered the Food of the Gods since 2000 BCE.
Of course, to get all these magical benefits, I always go for raw chocolate from artisan producers a like Elements Truffles, Fine + Raw, or Raaka. If I’m in a pinch, 70% or more dark chocolate is good, too ♥️
6 oz chocolate
1 lb strawberries, washed and dried well. Keep the stem intact.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat 2 inches water in a sauce pan over medium heat. Turn off the heat as soon as it reaches a low boil.
3. In heat-proof bowl, add 6 oz chocolate. If it’s a couple of bars of chocolate, break the bars into smaller pieces.
4. Place bowl on top of the sauce pan. Let the chocolate melt. Mix with a spatula.
5. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, and allow to set on the baking sheet. If you decorate with white chocolate, cacao nibs, coconut, etc, allow the dark chocolate to set for about 5 minutes before adding.
6. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes, or 30 minutes at room temperature. If you decide to decorate the