If you’re looking for a RESET, my Cauliflower-Celery Soup is all that and more. It’s smooth, velvety, comforting, cleansing, high nutrition, and all #yum. It’s so creamy that you’re not going to believe there’s no dairy in it!
What’s the WHY behind CAULIFLOWER?
Studies show that non-starchy vegetables like cauliflower have lower glycemic loads compared to starchy vegetables (like potatoes and peas), producing smaller and fewer blood sugar spikes after we eat them. Cool, but what does that really mean? REDUCED HUNGER – Yay! As a result, it could result in weight loss (goodbye, Quarantine LBs!).
What’s the WHY behind CELERY?
The Greek poet Homer mentions the medicinal properties of celery leaves in The Odyssey (9th Century BCE), and the Romans used it as an aromatic in cooking. It’s high in nutrients, fiber, flavor, and can be slimming to the waistline.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock/broth
- 2 cups almond milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hemp seeds
- Fresh herbs like cilantro
- Sliced radish or daikon
- Step 1 In a large pot, sauté the onion, celery, and cauliflower in oil for about 5-7 minutes.
- Step 2 Add the almond milk and vegetable broth. Simmer for about 15 to 30 minutes.
- Step 3 Puree half the mixture in a Vita Mix or blender. Transfer to a bowl. Puree the second half of the mixture. Place the puree back into the pot and keep warm until ready serve.
- Step 4 Ladle into bowls and season with salt and pepper. Top with garnishes.