I’m not saying this recipe is going to get you a bikini body, but it sure satisfies that take-out noodle craving, especially on a hot August night in New York City! And, it’s seriously so much better than anything you could ever order out. If you’re looking to add more protein, garnish with some shrimp, tofu, chicken, or egg. I hope you enjoy as much we did!
BETTER THAN TAKE-OUT NOODLES
- 10 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into small florets
- 2 tablespoons fresh galangal or ginger root, grated or julienned
- 4 radishes or daikon, grated on the largest side of a box grater
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted red chili paste by Thai Kitchen
- 1 to 2 (8 oz) packages Pad Thai rice noodles by Lotus Foods
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts or cashews
- Step 1 Cook the noodles: Bring a medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Salt the water. Cook until al dente. Drain and rinse noodles with cool water.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the ginger, sesame oil, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, nut butter and roasted red chili paste.
- Step 3 Stir-Fry: Heat a teaspoon of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini and shiitakes. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water and cook until broccolini is bright green and shiitakes are cooked through
- Step 4 Add the Pad Thai noodles and sauce, and toss until well-coated, about 2 to 3 minutes
- Step 5 Divide between bowls and top with grated radish or daikon and nuts.