It’s Apple Crisp Season – what better to wrap up the week than with this recipe! It’s vegan, gluten-free, and purely delicious.
Put on your favorite sweater or wrap, and cozy up this evening with a cup of tea and a bowl of this crisp.
- 6 tart and crisp apples (like Granny Smith or Pink Lady), peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4-6 tablespoons apricot jam
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut palm crystals
- 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour Blend or Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend (without xantham gum)
- Serve with ice cream, vegan ice cream, cashew cream, yogurt or whipped cream
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Step 2 In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the streusel topping. Set aside.
- Step 3 In an baking dish, toss the apple slices with lemon juice, and loosely layer in the bottom of the dish. Top with apricot jam. Then add the streusel topping.
- Step 4 Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes or until the apples are the texture that you like.